In a previous blog post, “Bulk Fuel Storage: Above Vs Below Ground Tanks – Guttman Energy”, you now know if an above ground or an underground fuel tank will be necessary for your application – but what else do you need to consider when sourcing the adequate tank?
First, where will the tank go?
- There are many fuel storage options available, but understanding site restrictions, power source availability (or lack thereof), space constraints, traffic patterns, waterways, roadways, public or private access among other variables make it cumbersome to consider all possible configurations.
Secondly, what will you be fueling and what fuel is required?
- Will you be fueling on-road equipment, off-road equipment, or a mix of the two? Many times, factoring in the type of fuel required will impact the tank specification to ensure proper and safe fueling practices on site.
- Will your tank be stationary for the short term? Will it be mobile for a longer term or something in-between?
- Prior to acquiring a tank, how did you plan on filling the equipment? Was it a local retail station or is it directly fueling equipment? A tank can improve fueling efficiencies and maintain all equipment in a central location.
Thirdly, how do you properly size your tank?
- Often project managers and site leaders struggle with identifying the size of the fuel tank they need for a particular project. Our team at Guttman Energy can help identify the proper tank size and specifications for your project needs – short or long term.
Finally, have you considered local state and federal regulations?
- Rules and regulations are a key part of a proper tank placement program.
- Have you checked and verified the local tank rules and regulations for the region where your organization will be working? This is often the most daunting aspect due to how quickly that communication loop can expand in a particular region for bulk storage tanks. This is another area where Guttman Energy can step in with our industry expertise to help guide you and your organization to a safe and functional tank placement without risk of fine or penalization.
Reach out to your Guttman sales rep for questions about bulk storage solutions, temporary and permanent.